One of my staples for any party is making Tea Cookies. It is super cheap; you probably already have most, if not all of the ingredients already. It goes a LONG way; one batch made 96 cookies. And it is EXTREMELY easy; literally the most time consuming part is cutting the cookies out)
Before beginning, make sure you have a CLEAN and SANITZIED, semi-large FLAT surface. You need this to roll out the cookie dough.
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (can be substituted for other extract flavors)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup flour
- Cream butter and sugar in LARGE bowl. (to cream the butter, simple use a fork or a whisk and beat until smooth and creamy)
- add in egg and extract, continue beating until smooth
- slowly add is flour and baking powder.
- using your hands, mix and work all ingredients together until mixture is consistency of cookie dough (if more flour is needed, add more flour a little at a time).
- using the 1 cup of flour, sprinkle onto the flat surface
- also using the 1 cup of flour, apply flour to rolling pin
- roll out cookie dough to desired thickness
- use cookie cutter to cut out cookies
- lightly grease a cookie sheet
- place cookies on cookie sheet
- bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool before icing them. For a super easy, super quick icing recipe, head on over to Ice That Cookie!
I would love you hear from you. Please leave your comments and/or suggestions for me!
Need Help Getting Organized??
Download your FREE 2018 Monthly Calendar with a Weekly Planning Sheet to take back control of your life